Tuesday 1 January 2013

BECAUSE HE LIVES

If I had not known
Maybe I 'd be jittery today,
If I was not aware
Maybe I would have been stranded on a day like this
But I do know
And it makes all the difference

When I look back
I see pitfalls and potholes
I see the imperfect picture of my strivings
The trial and errors
The mini-successes and the seeming unachievable milestones,
But on a clearer look, I see the mercy
The mercy that kept me through it all

Maybe if I was a novice
I 'd pay attention
To the drumming fear
Knocking my mind from behind
Maybe if I was too innocent
I 'd fake smiles to avoid attention
Or feign laughter to cover up  my fears
But I am not
Of course I do not know so much
But the much I know is sufficient
To shield me from those arrows aimed against my inner peace

Yes! A new calendar year
Yes! A new set of challenges
And Yes! A renewed bowel of mercy
And an ever present help in times of need
An ever listening ear
And an ever ready arm of help
Yes!an ever comforting presence
And an unfathomable experience of sweetness
Yes! He lives and I know
And for that reason,
I will face the uncertain tomorrow with a big smile

Happy new year people

No comments:

Post a Comment